Sunday, July 30, 2006

I Miss His Smile

My sweet little guy is sick and I miss his happy face. I got a smidgen of a smile out a while ago, but it didn't last long. I've heard the tummy bug is making its rounds - so guess it doesn't surprise me that we got it. One of the worst parts is when he is begging for food that I'm not sure he can keep down. I hate telling him 'no' when I know he is so empty. Thankfully, neither Kelly nor I have gotten it so we are still able to hold Blake and do whatever he wants...which isn't much. On the flip side, Blake is so cuddly when he is sick - I get to snuggle with him like I never do when he's feeling good.

We are so thankful for how healthy or son has been. This is only his 3rd time to ever have the "frow up" stuff - also known as the "icky spit". 3 times in three years - that's pretty remarkable. He threw up early Thursday and then just had diarrhea the rest of the day. We thought it had gone away until about 1:15 a.m. Sunday morning when the frow ups returned. He laid in my arms from 1:15 until 4:45 on Sunday morning, went down to bed for 30 minutes before the mother of all diarrhea diapers - and I promise I won't go into details...you've probably already read more than you want to!

So, I'm ready for his sweet, silly smile to come back. I love the cuddling, but I'm ready for my little guy to be back to his old sweet self. I've heard that several Altamesa kids - Shelby C., Simon B., and apparently many others according to JenniPoo have also had this junk. Here's praying that this doesn't spread any further.

May your family be well and happy and may you get to cuddle with your babies when they are feeling great...even if your babies are grown up!

5 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger ftwskies said...

I used to think being sick was cruddy -- but then I became a daddy and seeing Jake sick is so much worse. As a parent you can do the Tylenol(TM) and the cool rag and stuff but you still feel so helpless.

(fyi, Jake never has to "frow up"; he usually just says "I fink I'm gonna spill". LOL!)

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

oh no!!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger karen b said...

hope blake is feeling better. try to find me on sunday -- i have something for him!!

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home