Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Laugh for the Day

My wonderful, fabulous, incredibly intelligent friend Jodi has sent me a couple of emails this week that have made me laugh. First is one that you may have seen already. I'm including my favorites from it:

How important does a person have to be before they areconsidered assassinated instead of just murdered?
Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes youwere buried in for eternity?
What disease did cured ham actually have?
Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babieswake up like every two hours?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money inbinoculars to look at things on the ground?
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap,why didn't he just buy dinner?

Thanks, Jodi. Did I mention how great I think you are?

The other email she sent today is wonderful. I wish I could watch it with "the kids" because it looks like something they would do! (You "kids" know who you are!) You guys may have seen it - but if you haven't, it's very funny!

Evolution of Dance

5 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Good ones.

It turns out I happen to know the answer to 'cured' ham...

It is so named for Noah's son, Ham. He loved pork, to the point of addiction. But after 40 plus days on a boat with pigs he was 'cured' of this and never ate pork again. That's the disease 'cured' Ham actually had. And like the rainbow, a promise was made that good Jewish men would not eat pork. So, as you know, Jewish law forbade it. But The law was done away with and now we can eat ham, so in that sense we're 'cured' too. That's why we eat it on Easter, becasue Noah's Ark is the original Easter Egg from which life came.

Unfortunatley I can't answer the other questions.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Really Really Big Man said...

That is too funny!! The list AND the Evolution of Dance. What a riot! Thanks for sharing that. It definitely made my day.
Random Rich

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

This past week, I've seen a suggestion to watch that dance video probably about four times. It's funny, oh so creative. In response to your comment, I've never done yard work. I mowed our lawn once in the sixth grade because I thought it would be cool. I wasn't too successful. Now that I'm more mature, how hard could it be? Anyways, if you were being serious, and you do need some lawn work, email me and we can chat.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Emily said...

That just made me sooooo happy. :)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

the dance thing must have been really good because I got "Access Denied" here at work. erck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home