Thursday, May 25, 2006

Puerto Rican Other Things

Narrow streets.

Helpful pointers on tipping in restaurants...except for the 2 great ones we ate at. (We at at the Palm for our 10th Anniversary and had another fabulous dinner the next evening at Prime 787.)


Not at ANY moment?


Definition of seas
Me: Below is ROUGH ROUGH RALPH (no...I didn't actually...but I sure thought I was going to!)
Puerto Ricans: Below is perfect. We were fishing in about 2300 or so feet of water. That's a lotta watta.


Iguanas ON THE RUNWAY - I couldn't believe my eyes!

I found this picture and little excerpt about them: "The proliferation of green iguanas in Puerto Rico has created headaches for many people. At the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport, for example, many flight takeoffs have been delayed when green iguanas have been spotted basking in the sun right on the runway. Airplanes cannot take off until the green iguanas are scared off the runway. Iguanas also create traffic hazards when they choose to walk or bask in the sun in heavy traffic areas."


Great trip. Nice get-away. I liked feeling like I was in a foreign country...with many of the conveniences of home.

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

maisy loves the lizard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home