Sunday, April 30, 2006

Has this ever happened to you?

Have you ever laid your head down to sleep and as you drifted off to sleep, your mind wanders to an area that you wish you hadn't wandered to and you get so stinkin' sad that you can't go to sleep? Well that happened tonight. I didn't wander to a perverted place...just to a sad place. A place that's probably only sad to me - that most others cannot relate to - but a very sad place for me. I finally had to get up and leave my tear-soaked pillow behind for a while. (OK, that whole "tear-soaked" thing was a bit overly dramatic.) I'm thankful to have had 2 mindless "Friends" episodes TIVO'd that have helped me refocus from sad to silly. I need to try to get back to sleep. The "Friends" episodes are over. The only thing else TIVO'd are Blake's shows. Tomorrow will be miserable if I don't get some sleep quickly. "Murphy Brown" came on at 2:30. Been a long time since I watched one of those episodes. What ever happened to WKRP anyhow? Remember when "The Waltons" was the best show going? Were times really simpler in the 70's when "The Waltons" was a good show? OK - now it's 2:42 and time to hit the hay for a 2nd try. More stream of consciousness babbling later...

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I have 10 seasons of Friends plus 4 "best of" DVDs if you need to borrow them. :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mont Del Test said...

Been there... I have a couple of sad episodes that are hard to stop playing in my head, once they start. You ain't alone.

Speaking of episodes, I have a few old favorite reruns on Tivo Season Pass. I tell Tivo to keep only one, so I'll always have a fresh one to watch from time to time. The drawback is it takes up a lot of time slots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home