Thursday, April 20, 2006

Up Down Up Back

Something I've never understood.

If you turn the air conditioning "up" - does that mean you've upped the power - you've increased the strength that the unit will run with to cool the air and the room will get cooler?

When you turn the air conditioning "down" - doesn't it mean that you've changed the thermostat setting down to a lower number - turned it down from 74 to 73 and the room will get cooler?

Additionally...

I "view" time on a timeline.

<--long ago--1970--2006--March--June--August-->

If I schedule an event for June 8th and then have to move it back, wouldn't I be moving it to BEFORE June 8th? "Back" in time as opposed to forward in time?

Up Down Up Back - let's go Up to Outback and discuss it.

7 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

I have had the EXACT same talk about AC with Suzanne... Please share this with her at the next convenient moment.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Really Really Big Man said...

Words can be confusing things, eh, Joanie? Like "the door is ajar", when I know perfectly well that the door is a door. Or School Crossing ... as if the building is going to stand up and move across to the other side of the street. I feel your pain.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger ftwskies said...

Or why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

--Jim <><

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Mont Del Test said...

My kids say, "turn up" the ac when they are hot... I think, "Maybe when they're older" I'll take time to explain it to them.

BTW... We get on an elevator go up... what do we ride to get down?

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger nairb said...

If airplanes are so safe, why do we board them at seomthing called a terminal?

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Mont Del Test said...

Joanie, have you been tagged? If not, you're it. Go look at my blog to get the questions.

Alan

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

It is 20 days since you last posted a picture of Blake...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home