Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I just DON'T get it

I just don't get it. Don't the immigrants - from Mexico, Sudan, India, Scotland, Japan, Latvia, Oklahoma - realize that "immigrants" are NOT THE ISSUE.

I REPEAT - IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT THE ISSUE.

The issue is....ILLEGAL immigration.

ILLEGAL!
ILLEGAL!
ILLEGAL!

That's the issue. I'd immigrate to the U.S. too if I lived elsewhere - but I'd do it legally.

Come to the U.S. legally and play by U.S. rules and we'll all have a big party.

Break the rules and stay here illegally? You get Time Out - back in your own country.

I just don't know what it has to be so confusing. If I immigrate to your country and don't do it legally, wouldn't you want to kick me out? Why can't the U.S. treat you just like you'd treat us? I just don't get it.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Really Really Big Man said...

Thank you! You are absolutely right!
Of course, I was also the one that said to my wife last week, if they want to locate all 12 million of the illegals, go to the protest rallies. Betcha you'd find a whole bunch of them there. I was so proud of President Bush for saying what so many others have said privately: you're in America now, learn to speak English. It irks me when I can't even apply for a job that I am qualified for cuz it says: MUST be bi-lingual. Grrrr! Thank you very much for saying this. I agree 100%!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

I agree! It is so frustrating!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

amen on the bilingual thing and jobs.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Mont Del Test said...

Well put.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Obviously you are an immigranicist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home