Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Beg Some More!

Man....do you guys ever know what I want to hear? Begging for pictures of the Blakester? You couldn't ask for anything that a mother would rather hear!

I'm so far behind on my blogging...I don't know what has gotten into me. Actually, I think I do. Back in May and June - I was really feeling rotten. I am better now. I will have to blog about it sometime. It was a terrible, terrible time....but the good thing is that I survived it all. More on that happy topic some other day. June was crazy with VBS - but that was the one thing that helped me feel better - so it was perfect timing. I loved ALMOST every minute of staying up at the church late. One night, the Gambills (no kids), the Isons (kids running around), and the Morrisons (kid running around) stayed about an hour after practice talking about such lovely things as husbands who expel gas in bed and the like. The OLDER and WISER married couple - Brian and Jennifer, advised the younger couples of their struggles and triumphs in this area - and in other areas of a similar nature. Very informative. I remember thinking to myself - are we really staying up here until 10:30 to discuss tooting and other issues? I'm not sure why we all stayed - but it was quite entertaining. I'm not sure what happened to July but August has been all about my JBF sale coming up. It's almost a full-time job right now....but it will ease up again before it gets crazy again.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite Blake pictures from the past few months.

I know wagons are good for girls too...but there's something about a little boy and a red wagon that is just irresistable. Here he is getting ready to go out on the road for an adventure!


Ahhh the innocence of it all!

This picture cracks me up. We get to Gran's house with the wagon and Blake wants to be pulled around her back yard in the wagon. But....he wants to be more comfortable. So he gets an old pillow from her house and reclines in the wagon while his Gran-Servant pulls him around. I wish you could see Gran's hat - it's a killer! Of course, she could pull him around her yard for hours without getting tired!

Blake calls himself "The Chef" and this is the birthday cake that he was fairly involved in making for his Gran. He helped mostly with mixing the cake and not much at all on the icing and totally on the decorations of bugs. Nice job. He is the one that picked out the bug design at the grocery store - he just knew that's just what his grandmother would want!

I'm not sure this is what most of you want to see...but the spaghetti face is a classic picture.


There was an Easter Bunny sighting at our house. I think he knew when we cracked up every time he put those on that there was something different about them. And of course, our laughter made him not want to wear them. Bummer....he was quite the looker in them!


Hunting eggs in Gran's backyard. Man I love that kiddo!


So now I'm caught up through Easter. Maybe I can catch up soon! Thanks to all of you for caring about and loving my kid. I had no idea before I was a mommy how much it meant to a parent for others to love your child!

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

yea! he is so cute and grown up! I miss you guys.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

Such adorable pictures! I was so sad Blake didn't come to lunch with us on Sunday (and you & Kelly) but hope I get to catch up soon!!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger stacey4 said...

Precious! Precious!! Precious!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home