Thursday, June 16, 2005

In Case You Haven't Noticed

Yes, I do love Fort Worth - cannot imagine living anywhere else - but IT IS SO HOT I can barely stand it. My Weatherbug says it is 95 with a heat index of 98, but my trusty at-home weather station says it is 103.2 in my backyard (sorry...I'm a weather geek/nerd). No heat index on the weather station - but I'm thinking it must feel like 108 out there. I'm not sure I will last through July and August.

Blake and I ran errands this afternoon, and it just wasn't much fun. Haulin' around a sweaty, squirmy 25 pounder, plus diaper bag (loaded with all of the snacks except the one he really wanted), plus purse in the Target parking lot is not my idea of a good time. Why can't we get valet parking at Target? That would be so nice. As you walk into the store, you get a nice blast of cool air as you think "alright, this is not going to be so bad." Have you noticed how quickly that cool blast wears off? Yuk. And how much heat do you think is radiating up off that hot pavement? By the time you get back to your car, get your car started (you have to do that first or the baby will melt), get the baby buckled in the car seat, purchases in their place, diaper bag and purse stowed, and get settled in, you are soaking yourself. Now that's what I call F-U-N! As you gasp for a breath of cool air and try to position one A/C blower just right so it will blow up your sleeve, through your shirt, and onto your back, you position the other vent right on your face. You decide not to call 9-1-1 because you may pull through. You finally realize you aren't going to faint, so you give in and back out of your parking space headed for errand #2 - Lowe's - and get there just as you begin to feel like a human being once again. And then...it starts all over again. F-U-N!

All I can say is, glad there is a snow cone waiting for me at VBS practice.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

did everyone go to target today??? landra jenkins went, jennifer gambill went, you went, i went... yep everyone went to target today.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Yea for sno cones! They make everything better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home