Saturday, June 11, 2005

Green Stuff

Blake calls it "green stuff." Kelly calls it "Guaca-mucky." I call it "Yummy!"

I love guacamole. Unfortunately, Blake has realized he does too. (Is this any surprise for the kid that loves just about all foods? How many almost 2 year olds do you know that like radishes and eggplant?) So, this presents one of the greatest challenges-to-date of my motherhood. I have to share my guacamole with the boy. I know, I know, it's a small sacrifice to make...but have you had the guacamole at Nacho's restaurant in Crowley? It's second only to Dr. Toot's...but more on that later. Now, rather than savoring the green goo throughout my dinner, I basically have to eat it first just to get my fair share. ("Fair Share" - not sure there is such a thing once you become a parent.) Blake does, however, think getting a tiny bit of the green stuff on his spoon is good enough...he doesn't require huge quantities...which gives me the upper hand in getting my share.

But..even though Nacho's has some really great guacamole, if you've never tasted Steve's guacamole, you are missing out on the best stuff ever. Fresh, green, smooth, delightful, lemony...yummy...I think I may go buy some avacados for Steve today and see if he'll take the hint.

Oh...and one more thing...another reason I love Nacho's is because they love Blake! When they bring out our tea and water, without being asked, they always bring out a bowl of shredded cheese for Blake because they know how much he loves it. Blake always doles out the hugs when we leave the restaurant. He loves them, too!

Gotta go call Dr. Guacamole...

5 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with kelly on this one, although shane loves it. but i tried steve's once (out of politeness - how rare for me!), and i loved it! wanna bring some up to keller and we can have a party?
-shei

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

mmmm....I've grown to love that stuff.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Joanie said...

Lil Shei!!!! I didn't know you were a blog reader! Love ya! MISSYOUMISSYOUMISSYOUMISSYOU!!!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

Have you read Mike Cope's blog? He has a crazy obsession with Guac.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Mmmm... steve's guac... mmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home