Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dolphins, Scooters, and Cannons

We had the greatest trip to San Antonio with the grandparents. Blake really loved it all - and is still imitating a hungry dolphin and wanting me to feed him a fish now and then.

Feeding the dolphins is really fun. They are such social animals...it is really enjoyable to watch them. Blake got so excited when they swam by. I got to pet one of them, but they aren't very interested in you until the fish come out.



Kelly and Blake did the feeding. I thought Blake might be confused by throwing the little fish to the big fish...but he didn't care one bit about that.



Here we are waiting for the seal/walrus show to start. Cute, silly show - but still fun. It was so much fun to watch Blake watching the show....possibly more entertaining than the show itself!


Shamu was great. Actually, there were 4 Shamus...not sure what Blake thought about that either. We'd been building up "seeing Shamu" for a while, so when there were 4 of the killer whales, we just called all of them Shamu.



Blake decided to take a little rest break in the penguin house. It was nice, cool, dark and relatively quiet so we all enjoyed hanging out there and watching it snow on the penguins.


The grandparents had a good time too. Blake loved riding on G's scooter.



After a long day at Sea World, there's nothing like kickin' back in the hotel.

Remember the Alamo. We rushed this visit and didn't take time to read every little thing, but it was still a great place to be.

Another cannon to climb on.

If you haven't been down to San Antonio recently, it sure is a nice place to visit. I've been there in the summer when it was NOT fun...though Sea World has a big waterpark to cool down at. I'm just glad we got the chance to go and have some grandparent bonding time. Nice family memories.

5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Sea World is great - I went as a chaperone w/Honor Choir - had hoped to take the whole family this summer - it never happpened - they would love it!!! Blake is so cute!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Emily said...

It cracks me up thinking about the cannons. Everyone always sits on cannons and takes pictures when they're little! It was so engrained in me that when I was in Austria, I took a picture leaning against a cannon in the castle in Salzburg! It would be interesting to know how many cannon pictures a person accrues in their lifetime.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Joanie said...

Yep, Emily, cannons are just screaming to be crawled on! And the bigger the better. I still want to crawl up on them when I see them, but I'd rather pass on the looks that I'd get from people at this stage in my life! Maybe it's because half of the time, everyone tells you "do not touch" or "do not climb" or whatever...and cannons seem to be the exception to the rule. I'm sure I'll force Blake on to every cannon I see for a few years!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh how fun. Blake takes the best pictures. Always precious!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I'm glad to hear Mr Cutie enjoyed Sea World! It's my favorite place & I want to take Daniel, but I wasn't sure he'd like it...

What great pictures!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home