Thursday, October 13, 2005

We are FINALLY home!

New Dad's in the front, driving.

New Mom's in the back by little precious.

Gran is on the other side of the Prince.

My mom insists that I poked and pestered Blake all the way home to Fort Worth. He actually slept almost the entire way...but it is a short 2 hour drive anyhow, so that's not that much of a miracle. I just couldn't keep my hands off of him. It was the most amazing day ever in my life. Every time he moved, I'd report to Dad what had happened. Kelly's folks drove behind us as did Patty and her gang. Patty, Brenda, and M.C. wrote a song for Blake on their way back. It was performed beautifully when we got settled back at home.

We came home to a very decorated house and even food waiting for us on the front porch. We had a banner and two sets of balloons. It was very perfect!!!!

We had a steady flow of family and friends coming over that evening and all day the next day. That was also very perfect!

Here's my mom holding Blake. This picture was taken in Abilene. I'm surprised you can't see all the tears running down my mom's face!













The Glass girls celebrated with us!




(Not sure what Brileigh thinks about all of this!)











The Gambills came over for the party too!


(Emma's got about the same opinion about this baby as Brileigh does...though she worked up a smile for this picture!)

Andrew holds Blake Andrew.

Well, of course, you know I have about 400 pictures from that first week, but I guess I'll stop there.

Thanks for hanging in with my story. God blessed us beyond belief. During the horrible roller coaster that infertility treatments take you on, we felt very neglected by God. Little did we realize until later what His perfect plan for a baby was for us. We are so thankful that we never got pregnant, because then we wouldn't have our sweet little Blake. Life has so many strange twists and turns in it. There are so many times that you feel so beaten down that you feel like God has turned his back on you. Thankfully, He never does that and is always ready to take you back with open arms. It is so difficult to wait on His plan at times, and we did not wait very patiently OR faithfully, but He blessed us anyway. Oh how our Father loves us. I still cannot fathom that God loves us more than I love my child. What an incredibly wonderful thing to ponder. Life is good. God is good.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

What a story!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home