Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Thomas Made Our Day!

We had the greatest weekend last weekend. We went down to Austin to see "the REAL, LIVE Thomas the Train." Now I don't really expect those of you without young children or grandchildren to really understand this obsession with Thomas and all of his train friends, but for those of you that know about the Isle of Sodor (and its Roundhouse, Ashley), can tell the difference between Bertie and Bulgy, know which engines are typically mean and which ones are usually nice, then this blog's for you. For the rest of you, just go back to your own obsession of Bert/Ernie, GI Joe, Hot Wheels, the Mickey Mouse Club, Star Wars, Paper Dolls (thought I'd better throw something in there for M.C.!), or whatever you loved as a child and then you'll relate to our weekend.

Thomas was quite a site.

When I first saw him, I had this feeling kinda like the feeling I had the first time I took Blake to see Santa in the Mall. It was so exciting...I seriously got a lump in my throat just waiting for Blake to see him and realize that what we'd been telling him about was for real! It was all so REAL and one of the great parts of parenthood.

There were happy little kids all over the place.

It was a great place to be!


We took a ride on Thomas - Blake will tell you, to be more specific, that the ride was on Thomas' coaches.

















































We had so much fun. Austin is a fabulous place. More pics to come of our wonderful weekend!

7 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

Wait...but was there a lifesize version of the "Sodor Roundhouse"? That I would have to see.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

My favorite is the helicopter - what's his mane - I haven't watched it for a few years!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Joanie said...

Harold the Helicopter. He's a really useful helicopter...friend to one and all.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

No Trevor? This would have been overoplad for me. I htink Elijah would have loved it, but too much for me. I love Thomas. And Carlin is the best narrator on the cartoons, don't you think?

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

That's supposed to be "overload."

NO SPILL CHICK! ARRGH!

ASTROS WIN! ASTROS WIN!!!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

Blake sure looks cute.

By the by, you know paper and dolls hadn't been invented in my day. We had to fill our time with rock stacking and horny toad chasing.

Sniff, M.C.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

OH what fun. Blake just looks like such a big boy. And I've even seen him pretty recently. Oh he really is the cutest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home