Thursday, October 20, 2005

Proud to be a Texan

If you are a Texan and haven't been in the past few years to our beautiful capitol building, you are missing out! It is so beautiful. They had a big renovation a few years ago and everything is so perfect. This picture was taken from right in front of the UT Tower. It is a gorgeous site to look right and see the majestic tower and then look down the way and see our breathtaking capitol in the distance. I felt very proud.I thought I'd better take a picture of this monument with the 10 Commandments on the north lawn of the capitol. I'm figuring someone will insist it removed at some point.Didn't you have your picture made on every canon you ever saw while on a vacation? I know I sure did. This was Blake's first canon. What a proud moment! I was trying to tell him what he was climbing on without having to really say "oh...it's an instrument of death". I think we just called it a canon and left it at that. He didn't really care!We had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe in Austin and found out what a rockin' maniac our son was. He loved the loud music. Kelly and I definitely felt old....we actually complained about the loud music to each other! Good thing we've got Blake to try to keep us young!
This was another of Blake's dance moves. Let's hope he has more rhythm than the rest of the family!
So...make a plan to go see the capitol when you can. It is beautiful. The grounds are gorgeous...the prettiest "park" you'll ever see.

Oh...and by the way...Hook Em Horns!

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

i'm ready for some pictures from Sea World...good to see you today!!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Forget that, I want pictures from Halloween!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

ooo that too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home