Monday, September 05, 2005

Hubby's Headed for Houma

My sweet hubby has to go to Louisiana tomorrow for work to try to help some of his co-workers re-establish communication with the outside world. I wish he didn't have to go - I know it will be really hard for him. Physically hard, but just for a day and a half. There's no room at the inn - so he'll just sleep at the office. That's not bad for one night. He's got to get up at 3:30 a.m. (guess that's about 3 1/2 hours from now) to catch a flight. Not too bad for one night of little sleep. But I just know Kelly will see the destruction down there - hear the stories - and it will just hurt him so badly. I know he's a grown up and can handle it - but I just wish he didn't have to see it. Hopefully, the area he is going to won't be too devastated. He's just gone for one night. I know he'll be fine. He's such a softie when it comes to things like this. I'll be glad when he's back home with me.

I feel somewhat selfish whining over his trip to Louisiana knowing what so many in the area have experienced. I just know this is going to be a hard trip for him and I just want him to be happy and safe.

6 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Wezie said...

I'm glad you updated your post - I love Blake - I even love his little tushie, but it was getting a little old! You must be pretty busy with your upcoming sale so I'll cut you some slack.

Kelly will be fine - he seems the type that will thrive in diverse situations. He's awesome.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

It's Thursday, is Kelly back? We've been communicating with our Houma Co. by email mostly. They only had wind damage and the plant is up and running. They can't call out, but we can call in. MC

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Joanie, what happened to your regular posts! Have you lost your love for the blogging?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

No Lindsey, she's been up to her ears in her twice a year job...She works like a dog preparing and holding the "sale"...

I have missed your blogs too Joannie....

Thanks for all the clean up on Sat - you made our job really easy!

XOXOXOXOXO

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Joanie, we're doing survivor pick'em if you're interested. Email me, you can click on my email through my profile, so I can get your email, and email you the info (if you want to play). Anyways, just wanted to let you know, if you're going to be watching this season!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home