Friday, January 13, 2006

Slow on the Uptake

Have you ever felt like you caught on to a trend just about the time it was going out? I guess this seems to be really evident in the fashion world...shoes especially come to mind.


Famolares were the greatest shoes. I had a pair of mid-heeled navy sandals and a pair of low heeled ("Rush") brown sandals. They were...WERE...so pretty!

Dr. Scholl's - were they comfortable - I guess so - walking on wood? Didn't we buy them at the drugstore?

The list goes on and on as far as fashion is concerned, at least for me, it does.

So that is where I find myself in the whole blogging deal. I jumped on the blogging bandwagon a little late and have loved it but find that some of the blogs I used to read on a regular basis have either stopped posting or just rarely post. I have also had my dry spells, so I understand how it happens. So...the question I have is...where does that leave me? If I keep on posting, am I just so pitiful that I do indeed find time during my day to post and read? Am I the geeky girl in Algebra class that FINALLY got her first pair of Famolares? If someone asks me about my blog, do I reply "oh, these shoes? I've had them a while - I just don't wear them that often." While the fact of the matter is that I love my Famolares or Dr. Scholl's or Candies with the lucite heels - but I don't dare show how cool I think my shoes are.

So, I guess I'll keep on posting. It's not like I have earth-shattering posts. I mostly just talk about my kid and post for my own selfish sake. I just don't want to seem pitiful!

I'm just a little slow on the uptake.

By the way, have any of you played that new game called Trivial Pursuit? It is so cool!

8 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not pitiful. Of course, you have to consider the source, but I'm still reading.

Alice

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Mont Del Test said...

Joanie, Alice and I actually played Trivial Pursuit last night while having dinner at Don Pablo's. I have it on my hand-held computer. Funny you should mention it...

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Emily said...

keep going! i'm getting sad too that people are slowing down - it was the only way i could keep up with people. :(

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

The first ones are just like the ones I got last spring, but they hurt my feet.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I'm still here, just a little busier!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

My Mom wouldn't let me have the high healed Famolares - I got mine a little late too and they were the "Rush" style...I thought I was soooo cute... My Mom wouldn't let me have Candies either. Dr Scholl's were never comfortable to me.

I also jumped on the blogging bandwagon a little late and made a strong first showing. But I have found that I don't have time to keep up with it...I will try harder - it is so much fun - if I could access it from work I would do it all day long! (your tax payer dollars hard at work)

We got "Scene It" (Harry Potter edition) for Christmas - it is really fun - kind of like a lazy man's version of Trivial Persuit - all you need is a remote and a DVD player.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Hey... you need to post.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Is it your episode of Makeover that's on TV next Sunday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home